Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Land of Homer


Hey all. I have some big news. I got accepted to the SFU International Field School to Greece. I get to study for about 8 weeks from May until the end of June on two islands off the mainland of Greece. I spend half on the island of Kephalonia (near the island of Ithaca from the Odyssey) and the other half on Lesvos (near Turkey and the home of Sappho, the first lady of democracy and lesbianism if you believe the stories). I also earn a full 12 SFU credits, so its just like being in school here, but about a million times more exciting. There will be about 20 or so students going, so it'll be very intimate. I'll keep you all posted on any developments. Hooray!

3 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger dani said...

HOORAY! Congratulations! WOOT! (And all other congratulatory expressions ending with an "!")!!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger theory33 said...

SWEET! Congratulations, dude.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Natty said...

Dude that's AMAZING!! Too bad I can't come visit you out there, it looks beautiful~
Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home